Mirko = Star Wars + Hasbro + ILM. Welcome to my portfolio site. I paint, sculpt and model film-faithful recreations, original artwork, and film-inspired pieces. Thanks for visiting! ** Click "read more" to see more about a project. Click any picture to see a larger version.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
AT-ST Walker (Modification)
Materials: Super Sculpty, wire, acrylic paint, screws, kit bashing
So I decided to do this way before Hasbro decided to release a new and improved version of the AT-ST Walker. I always like this toy but always thought it could use a realistic touch to it and keep it playable. So anyone who ones one of these older style walkers knows that they loose their stance after a long period of time. So I decided to fix mine up and tried to make it as close to the books as possible. This was the first modification on my toys so I got out my Dremel tool out and went to town.
I screwed the side of the legs on each side to make it stand taller. Then I filled in the feet with super sculpty and got a heat gun to it to harden it up. After that, I got a couple of small hinges and used the actual stickers to make the eye cut outs from a model ship I use for stuff like this. I then used a spray can tip for the side missile cannon and glued a bunch of straws underneath it and attached it to the gun base that I cut out so it can rotate like the gun did. For the top I used really small eye bolts and wire for the railing around the opening lid. I also sealed up the holes on the side of the head that I guess were supposed to be windows. I grinded of the seams all around to make it look more solid and I used the front gun that it came with and made that the way it should be.
The rest of toy I used kit bashing and added to the inside of the legs, around the neck, and the back. Once it was all done I painted it all flat grey and once it dried up I rendered it as best I could with acrylics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
excelent job
Post a Comment