Mirko = Star Wars + Hasbro + ILM. Welcome to my portfolio site. I paint, sculpt and model film-faithful recreations, original artwork, and film-inspired pieces. Thanks for visiting! ** Click "read more" to see more about a project. Click any picture to see a larger version.
Friday, June 10, 2011
The Mystic (The Dark Crystal)
Materials: Super Sculpty, wire, wood, acrylic paint
One of my favorite movies growing up was the 'Dark Crystal.' As I got older I learned to appreciate Brian Frouds’ art and own a few books with his artwork. So going through “The Art of the Dark Crystal,” there is an entire section of the Mystics and I just had fun with it and mixed a couple of different outfits, armor, and staff.
According to the book, the wrinkles on a Mystic’s face shows how wise he is. So I had to make sure to get them right. Also, the circles on the armor and the staff depict experiences. So to me it was a challenge and I always enjoy a good challenge when it comes to art so I went for it. I would work on it when I got home from work while watching movies and it took me about 2½ weeks all together (including baking it and painting it).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Love it!
Well done!
Post a Comment