This is a piece I did based on a comic book cover painted by one of my favorite artists, Alex Ross:
I decided to do a different head on my rendition because in reading about this piece I came across the fact that the picture that he used was of him and his wife. So I did the old comic book style of a killer clown look.
This particular piece I did on my lunch hour at my previous job, where I lived far enough that I had no where to go other than the conference room that was always empty. So all in all it took me around 5 days to get the shape down and another few days to get it baked and painted. I also mounted it on a square piece of wood and to add detail I cut out some cards to put the suit types on each corner. During that time I was taking a class at Gnomon School of Visual Effects on Sculpting where my project there was on the female body so it helped.




No comments:
Post a Comment