Materials: Ertle scale model kit, clay, paint, wire, scale greenery, kit-bashed parts
This is a project I started on January 16th, 2011 which I call “The Forgotten AT-AT”. It is made from the old Ertl AT-AT model kit released back in 1989 which I had 5 of them for a project I did back then for a comic shop window display.
So I thought to myself, “what am I going to do with these models?”, and in surfing the net one day I ran into an AT-AT diorama that someone built for a contest. The winning model was a damaged and abandoned AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport), the four-legged transport and combat vehicle from Star Wars. It was the winner in a recent model “wreck” contest held by Starship Modeler.
The idea of one of these monsterously tall Imperial tanks being long-forgotten in a jungle somewhere really intrigued me. Would people live in it? How would the AT-AT weather over time, and would the local foilage start to take over?
So I figured why not try it out on one of my kits and see if it works. The total time it took me from beginning to end was pretty much an entire weekend. I used my Dremel tool and went to work.
I used parts and pieces from various other kits, wire and scale greenery. Here are pictures of the completed piece:





3 comments:
This may be (by far) my favorite work of yours right now! This came together beautifully, and if you plan to sell it, start the bids at at LEAST $100. The years of experience really shows in this one.
It is cool. Too bad you don't ship outside US.
That is an amazing piece of work. It makes me think of that lone AT-AT on Endor's Forest Moon, from Jedi, and what ever happened to it. Breathtaking.
Post a Comment